Monday, December 3, 2012

Vouge Knitting Live Chicago/Yarn Barter

Vouge Knitting Live Chicago
Vouge Knitting Live was recently in Chicago. I was lucky enough to be able to work the Windy Knitty booth. I wanted to show you all some pics I took from the day.









 This is the special limited colorway Potter Palmer that Lorna's Laces made for our booth. It's so beautiful, I think they did a wonderful job creating this yarn.
Then I was able to get a few more people to hold my sock the first was Vickie Howell. She was very sweet to come over to our booth so I could get the picture with her. I also think you should all check out her charitable organization The Purple Stitch Project. It helps kids with seizure disorders. You should def check it out. I totally plan on designing a new toy for people to use for this charity.
I was also able to meet June Hemmons Hiat, author of The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting. It was wonderful to meet her aswell and get her to hold my sock. If you haven't you should get a copy of her book.

In other news I recently started a yarn barter with a knitting friend of mine in the UK. Laura is a really nice person and we met when she commented on a project I posted on a Facebook page. Even though we've never meet in person I definitely enjoy having such a wonderful person as a friend. So I sent her a lovely skein of Fleur de Fiber a lovely hand dyer from here in Chicago who I'm also lucky enough to call my friend. Then I received this stunning yarn from Laura in the mail it is so perfect and my colors.
The yarn is from Countess Ablaze and omg did I drool over her etsy site after I got this yarn. So thank you so much Laura I just love it! I also think you should know that now only is Laura a fabulous knitter she is also has a fabulous blog you should check out. Laura's Blog-knitzors. I believe that is all for now. Happy knitting!





No comments:

Post a Comment